Monday, November 20, 2017

Little Things

Just a few of the little things I want to remember about Adaline.

1. Always watching. While my parents were in town, Adaline quickly learned a few tricks from my Mom like how to open things with her teeth. And things like that are happening daily around here -for better or for worse.

2. Strong-willed. Her nursery leader recently used those words to Mr. Bluth as he went in to pick her up one Sunday. Mr. Bluth found Adaline holding onto a toy while ALL the other toys were put away and he didn't ask how big of a fight she put up to keep that toy out. It was almost reassuring to know that others see it too. Sometimes I feel like all I do is fight Adaline because it is always her way or the highway (or at least screaming, tears and full body meltdowns).

3. Babies. She loves her baby doll and loves to find her friend's baby dolls and hold on to them with all her might. Related to point number 2: she will not share any baby doll. She loves to take care of her doll and will change the diaper, put the doll to bed, and do just about anything else with the doll. Her love is not just for dolls, but for all babies and loves to say "hi" to real babies that she sees around the city.

4. Daniel Tiger & Moana. We recently gave in to allowing her to watch some shows. Screen time does not happen everyday, but every once in awhile we will turn on an episode of Daniel Tiger. She loves it and will stand with her face inches away from the TV and especially loves Trolley. Adaline also recently attempted to watch her first movie. It was late on Saturday afternoon and the weather was bad, which prevented us from going outside, so we pulled out the computer and all three sat together to watch Moana. She was captivated for about 45 minutes, but then became a little restless and started moving around. She went and stood behind the computer and watched us watching Moana. Bedtime came around so she didn't get to finish it, but she still keeps saying "Moana".

5. Cheese. Not referring to food, but rather what you say when taking a picture. Frequently she will stand somewhere and say "CHEESE" with a grin and won't stop until I pull out my phone and take a picture. This usually occurs when she sees others taking a picture or when she is somewhere were we have previously taken a picture before. I now just pretend to take a picture because I would have zero space on my phone if I took a picture every time she said "cheese".





6. Friends. She loves her friends and gets so excited when we play with them. Most of the time she gets tired of me so I try to give her opportunities to socialize everyday. I can't say she has a favorite friend, but currently she is obsessed with Gigi. She gets so excited whenever she sees her and I will find her saying "Gigi" during the day when she is having one of her many conversations where I only pick up on a few words.




No comments:

Post a Comment