Monday, November 21, 2016

Halloween

When we found out that I was pregnant one of the first things I thought was "what should we do for the babe's first Halloween costume?!"

Now to give little more of a back and side story to why on Earth I would think that sentence to myself. First, let me say that Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays. I do not like Halloween because I stress to such a high extent of what I should be for Halloween and how to achieve that goal. Honestly, I usually can never decide on the "what" so I never make it to the "how" and therefore never get dressed up. Some of my issues are due to the fact that growing up I always had awesome costumes because my mom is a wizard when it comes to sewing. She could create whatever I wanted to be and do it with such a professional look. Another culprit to all my issues is because I danced and dancers care about every aspect of a costume (Fishnet or tan tights? Choker? Hair in bun?). When it comes to costumes, I believe that one should go big or go home.

As with past Halloweens, October came and we still had not decided on Adaline's costume or even if we were going to have a family costume. We had some fun brainstorming sessions and came up with ideas such as:
- King Kong (Mr. Bluth); Damsel in distress (Adaline); Skyscraper (Mrs. Bluth)
- Caterpillar (Mrs. Bluth); Butterfly (Adaline); Eric Carle (Mr. Bluth)
- Secret Service (Mr. & Mrs.); Hillary (Adaline)

And since we could not find a baby pantsuit we went with the easiest option and Adaline went as a flower and we wore, yet again, our bee costumes.

Maybe next year she will go as a bee keeper!

We celebrated by going to a church party, getting together with other city babies at the park, and trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.

This was not for Jimmy Kimmel's "I told my kid I ate all their Halloween candy"







No comments:

Post a Comment