Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Favorite Things

Here are my current favorite things in life:

1. Babies in bonnets. I may be a bit partial to the bonnet due to the fact that I lived in period style clothing for 18 months, but putting babies and bonnets together is a perfect combination.

2. FaceSwap. A picture is worth a thousand words and then the world met Faceswap and now a picture is worth far more than a thousand words. 

3. Not one, but two babies. Adaline and her little friend smile and reach for each other and it makes every adult in the room just swoon. 

4. $5.00 doughnuts. Chicago has a handful of specialty doughnut shops and they all end up putting you in a state of comatose from all the sugar. I happen to be walking past one shop called Glazed and Infused when a worker opened the door and started offering doughnuts to anyone. They were getting ready to close for the day and I grabbed us a dozen doughnuts for $5.00 instead of the normal $30 price. 

5. Sleeping babies. Even when they wake up extra early only to fall asleep in your bed. 

6. Family Selfies. Who doesn't love a picture that looks like the baby was holding the camera?! We really need to start taking some more family selfies though.

7. West Loop. The other Sunday we went for a walk after church in our neighborhood and just one street away from where we live we found the annual Greek Parade. Greek Town is a few streets down from us and I love living in a neighborhood that is full of culture and history. The beautiful weather also made me fall a little more in love with my city. 

8. Baby Cougar. Rise and Shout because Adaline couldn't stop smiling the day she wore her first BYU shirt. Mr. Bluth only hopes that this is the first of many times she will be sporting the blue.

9. Girl's Night Out. Nothing beats a night of chips and salsa with some of my lady friends. Chicago has been so good to us with providing us with some exceptional individuals. 

10. Exposed Brick Walls. I have such a love hate relationship with my exposed brick walls. I hate that it makes my house extremely dusty, but I love the look. I recently enjoyed watching my husband try out his rock climbing shoes on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment