Monday, July 14, 2014

Mid 20 Crisis

Well, it happened, and it was far from glorious. I, Mrs. Bluth, had a mid 20 year old crisis. Many of you are older than me and you all probably went through the same thing that I just experienced so please feel free to offer any advice and condolences. Slowly I have been realizing that I have been losing my fun-loving side and spontaneity, but it was confirmed just a few weeks ago.

July 3rd, 2014: After enjoying an early release from work and taking care of a few preparations for our 4th of July barbecue the night came upon us and we pondered a few things to do. Well I sincerely wanted to be the fun and cute wife so I suggested that we "camp out" in our living room on our air mattress (that has only been used once). Mr. Bluth was a little hesitant, but I persuaded him and had the energy and enthusiasm of any young 20 year old. Well we blew up our air mattress with my blow dryer  to the best of our ability and then we made an attempt at a fort and were ready to watch a movie. As we were watching the movie, I noticed that I was slowly sinking closer to the ground. When the movie ended and I realized that too much air than normal had come out I told the Mr. that we should just go to bed. Well you see, even though Mr. Bluth is older than me, he is definitely more of the fun-loving one out of us. Mr. Bluth said that we would be fine as long as we did not cuddle so that we could even out the weight on the mattress. I may have grumbled, but since I have turned into an old lady and was tired at the moment I consented to sleep on the air mattress in the living room.

As you may have guessed, not much time had passed by and I woke up at 1:00am and found that my hips were on the floor and my back was starting to hurt even though we were sleeping like logs and as far a part from each other as possible. So through my grumblings, I managed to wake up Mr. Bluth and simply told him that I was going to my bed.

I enjoyed the rest of the night in my bed and Mr. Bluth did follow me, even though he was still wanting to keep our living room campout alive. Now do you all see my dilemma? What happened to me?? When did I become so lame??

I use to be the one that would stay up all night dancing around and when I would finally crash I sometimes would just sleep on the ground at a friend's house because it didn't matter. It was an adventure and we were having fun. I couldn't even make it pass 1:00am out in the living room. Let's not even begin to talk about how I can never stay up late anymore.

I just celebrated my half birthday and when I say "I" I mean that I hinted at Mr. Bluth of my special day but he missed the hint so I had to celebrate it by myself. I am 25.5 years old which means in math that by rounding, I am closer to 30.

I need to find my crazy/spontaneous/adventures self again. Good thing I have this man to help me in my quest. Whether it is riding all around the city and ending the night by picking up a Redbox or attempting a campout in the living room, he is keeping me alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment