Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Because I love my Mother

Wikipedia's definition of the word blog:

A blog (a portmanteau of the term web log) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).

I am an avid blog reader and there are a few blogs such as marisajay and Awesome Blossom that I routinely read and enjoy. During my college years I excused myself from the blog mania because I was living in Provo Utah and I assumed that you could only compose so many posts on Family Home Evenings, game nights, and other spontaneous shenanigans. I attempted at being creative when I went to the Dominican Republic and had a blog that lasted the six weeks I was in paradise. And so here I go again at another attempt to blog.

Are you wondering if I am fully embracing the social media world that we live in because I just got married 10 days ago and moved to Chicago? Well the answer to my attempt of joining the blog craze is because I love my mother.

The distance between


and
is only about 1,713 miles.

My parents spoiled me right before I got married and bought me an iphone that allows me to email her pictures, but that is not enough for our relationship. At least once a day I see or experience something that I want my mom to see so this blog will allow me to not only show her parts of my new life, but can give a fairly adequate description.

Cheers to surrendering once again to social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment